Meckel's diverticulum is the most prevalent congenital anomaly of the gastrointestinal tract, and is reported to occur in 1%-3% of the general population and autopsy series. The total lifetime rate of complications is widely accepted at 4%. Intestinal obstruction is the most common complication in adult patients. We present the diagnosis and management of our patient with intestinal obstruction due to loop formations of a Meckel's diverticulum.
Meckel's diverticulum, obstruction, complication
KARATEPE, OĞUZHAN; DURAL, CEM; ERÇETİN, CANDAŞ; ÇITLAK, GAMZE; SALMASLIOĞLU, ARTUR; GÜLÇİÇEK, OSMAN BİLGİN; and KARAHAN, SERVET (2008) "Rare Complication of Meckel´s Diverticulum: Loop Formation of Diverticulum," Turkish Journal of Medical Sciences: Vol. 38: No. 1, Article 14. Available at: https://journals.tubitak.gov.tr/medical/vol38/iss1/14